- This event has passed.
International Maternal Newborn Health Conference
May 8 @ 8:00 AM – May 11 @ 5:00 PM EDT
More than 1,000 stakeholders from around the world will come together to accelerate solutions to improve maternal and newborn survival and prevent stillbirths in a coordinated and inclusive manner. The 2023 theme is “Aligning Together. Accelerating Together. Saving Lives Together.”
As part of a concurrent thematic session at the International Maternal Newborn Health Conference (IMNHC) 2023, the Implementation Science Collaborative (ISC) will highlight its maternal mental health and psychosocial support interventions in low- and middle-income countries. The session, entitled “Advancing Evidence to Practice for Maternal Mental Health: Lessons learned from the Africa region,” will bring together ICS members from the University of California San Francisco, the City University of New York, East Central and Southern Africa Health Community (ECSA-HC), and the Infectious Diseases Institute to discuss the global and regional policy environment for maternal mental health. This critical conversation builds upon the ISC’s Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) webinar series and will present evidence and emerging policy actions related to maternal MHPSS in the Sub-Saharan Africa context.
Other sessions featuring ISC partners include:
- Driving more respectful care in intrapartum settings, University of California San Francisco, Population Council
- Enhancing maternal and newborn health in humanitarian and fragile settings with integrated service delivery, Pathfinder International
- Cross-country learning for maternal and perinatal death surveillance and response programs, Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
- Empowering India’s maternal and newborn health workforce to provide high-quality care, PRONTO
- Free from harm: the power of storytelling to tackle obstetric violence, White Ribbon Alliance
- Improving quality of care across the continuum in Tanzania, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Focus on the future: accelerating evidence into action, African Population and Health Research Center
- Leveraging community and peer support during pregnancy and the postnatal period, Makerere University
- Plenary: Exemplars of country success in improving maternal and newborn survival, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Makerere University
NOTE: All plenary sessions will be live streamed free of charge and available on-demand post IMNHC. They will be available for open access here: https://imnhc2023.dryfta.com/